NJCL members can participate in a variety of activities including the following contests:
- Activities Binder Contest – This contest will be a new way to foster ideas and spread the Classics between local JCL Chapters. The Contest gives the opportunity for local clubs to share what they are doing.
- Creative Writing Contest – This contest allows members to demonstrate their writing talents via an essay of about 1000 words on a classically related theme or situation. Deadline for this contest is usually near the end of February.
- Club of The Month – Every club does creative and special events to encourage the study of the Classics and to help its community. Write about your club’s events and submit it for the Club of the Month award.
- Community Service Contest – This contest awards local chapters on the basis of community service. Please contact the Second Vice-President for information on this contest.
- Web Site Contests – Two divisions of this contest allow technologically-minded members to submit State chapter and Local chapter websites for consideration. The individual website is no longer offered as a contest due to lack of submissions over the past several years.
- Membership Contest – This contest recognizes those states and provinces that have made significant strides in the academic year to increase their membership in terms of number of chapters and total members.
- Publicity Contest – This contest awards local chapters on the basis of publication of NJCL throughout the academic year via print, television, radio, electronic and other creative media. Entries must be submitted by June 1 for the previous academic year.
- Local Publications Contest – This contest is designed to recognize publishers of local chapter newsletters and publications and is judged by the the NJCL Editor based on issues submitted throughout the year.
- State Publications Contest – This contest is designed to recognize publishers of state newsletters and publications and is judged by the NJCL Editor based on issues submitted throughout the year.